Welcome to Stanton Township, a place to call home.
We take great pride in our community and provide a variety of recreational facilities and activities. The 2000 census indicates our population to be 1, 268 with a land area of 122.3 square miles and water area of 1.2 square miles. We have miles of Lake Superior and Portage Canal lake shore. Stanton Township is located in Houghton County, in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. As you navigate our website, you will be offered links to sites that provide additional information on Stanton Township. You are invited to contact us at any time for further information or assistance.
Demographics (via the Houghton County website)
- Redridge Dam Historical Site
- Agate Beach Day and campgrounds
- North Canal Day Park / Breakers
- Kenner Dome/ Recreation area
- Toivola Recreation Hall
- North Canal Boat Launch
- Freda Loop Snowmobile Trail
- Heikkinen School Museum Toivola
- Misery Bay Beach (even though it is in Ontonagon County)
- Marsin Preserve and Marsin Nature Retreat Center (hiking trails)